GST search or verification services would be required under many use-cases for various businesses. We provide a GST search and verification facility at reasonable price for all users. We tend to provide the best services from our end by keeping track of purchases and sales made by our clients and reconciling them with various GST Returns and other compliances from time to time. We work consistently to serve our clients to the fullest.
WHAT IS GSTIN?
- GST Registration is mandatory for the business entities involved in buying and selling of goods with an annual turnover of Rs. 20 lakhs.
- All registered taxpayers will be provided with a unique identification number known as GSTIN
- GST Registration number or GSTIN is a 15 digit identification that is allotted each taxpayer based on PAN and State of the applicant.
- In a GST registration number, the first two digits represents the State Code, followed by the next 10 digits representing the PAN of the applicant, one digit representing entity code, one digit is left blank and the last digit is a check digit.
State Code in GST Number
The first two digits representing the state code are as per the 2011 Indian Census. Hence, the state code in the GST registration number represent the following states:
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Himachal Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Madhya Pradesh
- Daman & Diu
- Dadra & Nagar Haveli
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Andaman & Nicobar Islands
PAN in GST
Digits 3 – 12 represent the PAN of the entity, so that there is a connection between the GST and the PAN database.
Last Digits of GSTIN
Of the last two digits of the GSTIN, the first digit is kept blank for future use and the last digit is used as a check digit.
- 13th digit is alpha-numeric (1-9 and then A-Z) and is assigned based on the number of registrations a legal entity (having the same PAN) has within one State.
- For example, a legal entity with single registration within a State would have number 1 as 13th digit of the GSTIN.
- If the same legal entity goes for a second registration for a second business vertical in the same State, the 13th digit of GSTIN assigned to this second entity would be 2.
- Hence, a legal entity can register upto 35 business verticals within a State.